Inspection Wizards abides by the InterNACHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. All inspection services are scheduled Monday through Friday, and involve two inspectors to make sure no detail goes unnoticed and to allow us to test systems that require two people to accurately inspect them.
Items and systems inspected:
- Roof Systems: Walking or flying the roof and evaluation of the roof surfaces, roof flashing systems and roof penetrations. Roof drainage systems and roof structures to include attics.
- Exterior systems: evaluation of the siding (stucco, brick, stone and various types of wood, cement fiber or composite siding materials), flashing and trim systems, eaves, soffit and fascia systems, exterior doors and trim, exterior windows and trim, (includes structural evaluation if applicable), vegetation, grading, driveways, sidewalks and retaining wall systems associated with the exterior of the building and fences.
- Foundation and structural systems: evaluation of the building foundation for structural fitness and water penetrations, structural wall systems, columns or pier systems, structural floor systems, structural ceiling systems.
- Heating and cooling systems: identification of the type, age and estimated life of the systems, normal operating control systems, automatic safety systems, distribution systems ( including fans, pumps, ducts, piping, support, insulation, filters, registers, radiators, fan coil units and convectors), presence of a heating or cooling system in each room, evaluation of chimneys, flues and vents for all gas operated systems.
- Plumbing systems: location of main water shut offs, evaluation of plumbing drains, waste and vent systems, evaluation of water supply and distribution systems to include water pressure, hot water systems (to include controls, chimneys, flues and venting systems), main fuel shutoff location, location and operation of sump pumps, sprinkler systems ( to include yard or fire systems), evaluation of radon mitigation systems.
- Electrical systems: type of service lines, location and evaluation of meter box, main disconnects, service grounding / bonding systems, main distribution panel locations, evaluation of branch conductors, overcurrent devices, and compatibility of amperage and voltage systems, evaluation of switches, receptacles, light fixtures and visible wiring, evaluation of polarity, grounding of receptacles within 6 feet of water sources and all fixtures and receptacles in garages, carports and exterior, evaluation of GFCI or AFCI circuit interrupters, evaluation of distribution panels (to include breaker compatibility, labeling, double tapping and overall condition), evaluation of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, evaluation of security systems.
- Interior systems: evaluation of the ceiling, wall, flooring (including hardwoods, laminates, tile, vinyl and tile systems), door and window systems, evaluation of countertops, cabinets and other built in storage facilities, evaluation of steps, stairways, balconies and railing systems.
- Insulation and ventilation systems: evaluation of the attic and floor insulation systems to include vapor barriers in crawlspace areas, ventilation systems for the attic, kitchens, bathrooms and laundry facilities, ventilation fan systems (to include whole house fans and thermostatically controlled fans).
Each inspection includes the evaluation of the building for mold and termites (all wood destroying organism), infrared evaluation for moisture and inadequate insulation and 360⁰ pictures of every room.
In addition, any items requested for repair by official addendum will receive a one-time re-inspection prior to closing and an updated inspection report with the new results at no cost.
Please note: Post-repair re-inspections are not scheduled, but rather are done at the inspector’s earliest opportunity between other inspections.
Providing Home Inspection Services across Grayson, Atlanta, Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Athens, Gainesville, Newnan, Griffin, Lawrenceville, Snellville, Duluth, Suwanee, Loganville, Conyers, and surrounding areas.